Your home’s HVAC unit is one of the most important components of your home. This is due to the fact that it’s what allows your home to remain comfortable all year round. As such, it wouldn’t do if it’s suddenly broken down one day. Luckily, experts say you can easily prevent malfunctions in your HVAC unit by regularly maintaining it.
Here are the five different ways you can prepare yourself for an HVAC service call.
- Know Where All the Units Are in Your Home If you have multiple HVAC units around your home, it’s highly recommended that you learn where they’re all located around the house. That way, you can easily take your HVAC technician to them when they arrive at your home.
- Know the Model Number of Your Product Before your heating repair expert arrives in your home, make sure that you know what your product’s model number is. This is because your unit’s maintenance requirements might vary depending on its make and model, and, by telling your technicians what the unit’s model number is, they’ll be able to know what steps they need to take to maintain your unit.
- Be Ready to Clearly Explain Your Problems When your HVAC technician arrives in your home, be ready to clearly explain what the unit’s problems are. By doing so, the techs will be able to understand what’s happening with your HVAC unit and perform the necessary repairs or maintenance procedures. Apart from that, it’s also best that you know when exactly your unit’s problems began so they can be more accurate in their process.
- Leave Someone at Home On the day your HVAC technician is meant to arrive, it’s best that you leave an adult at home to let the techs in so they can do their jobs immediately. Apart from that, since most technicians call when they’re on their way, be prepared to answer the phone as well.
- Get Permission On the other hand, if you’re renting your current residence, make sure to get permission from your landlord to have the system serviced first. That way, neither you nor the technician will get in trouble for suddenly having the unit serviced.
Need someone who can help you maintain your home’s HVAC unit? Look no further than EZ Air Conditioning and Heating. Give us a call at (210) 558-7883, or fill out our contact form to schedule our services today!